Coffee Brined Pork Tenderloin
Paired with 2015 Gary Farrell Gap’s Crown Vineyard Pinot Noir
- 2 each pork tenderloins
- 2 cups fresh brewed coffee, chilled
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tbsp ssugar, granulated
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 2 sprigs thyme, fresh
- 5 each garlic, cloves
- 1 each bay leaf
- In a medium sauce pot add coffee, water, granulated sugar, salt, brown sugar, molasses, thyme, garlic, and bay leaf.
- On high heat bring the mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let cool until room temperature.
- Place tenderloins and brine into a container that will allow the tenderloins to be fully submerged in brine.
- Refrigerate overnight 8 to 12 hours. (12 hours preferred).
Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat to 350°F.
Remove the tenderloins from the brine. Pat dry with paper towels.
Season with salt and black pepper.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown on all sides.
Place the pan in the oven and roast the pork tenderloin to 125°F internal temperature (occasionally turning the pork during cooking).
Transfer to the tenderloin to your cutting board. Let the pork rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
- Kosher salt as needed
- Fresh black pepper as needed
- Olive oil 3 to 4 tablespoons
Reed’s Pickled Onions
- 1 each red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar, granulated
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup water
- Firmly pack the red onions in a plastic quart container.
- In small sauce pot, combine apple cider vinegar, salt, sugar, and water.
- On high heat bring pickling liquid to a boil. Stir well to dissolve the sugar and salt.
- Pour pickling mixture over the sliced onions.
- Let the onions cool to room temperature. (at least 1hour).
- After an hour, cover and store in the fridge for up to three weeks.
Brussels sprout and Celery Salad
- 2 cups Brussles sprouts, removed from core, leaves only, blanched
- 2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (see recipe) Reed’s pickled onions
- 2 tbsp shallots, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, leaves only
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon, zest only
- 1/4 cup pecorino, finely grated
- kosher salt as needed
- black pepper, fresh ground as needed
- Place the 1/4 teaspoon salt, lemon juice and celery into a medium mixing bowl. Marinate the celery for 20 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Season with salt and fresh black pepper to your desired taste.
- Mix well.