cabbage, caramelized onion, lemon zest
Paired with 2018 Arista Russian River Valley Pinot Noir
- 4 each - 4-5 oz. pork loin cutlets, lightly pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 2 tbsp flour for dusting
- Salt, pepper
- 1 each large onion, cut into thick strips
- Olive oil
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 3 oz. pinot noir
- 1/4 head of cabbage, cut into 1-inch strips
- Dried oregano
- Place pork cutlets in a large zip lock bag, gently flatten the pieces with a meat pounder.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat, gloss the pan with olive oil.
- Season the pork on both sides salt and pepper and dust in flour.
- Sauté first side until nicely browned, 4-5 minutes, flip on other side for 2 minutes, remove and keep warm on a plate.
- Add the butter to the pan, once melted and add the cabbage, season with salt and pepper, oregano and stir. Sauté for about 3 minutes until softened.
- Place cabbage mixture on a serving platter and arrange pork on top.
- In the same pan add a little olive oil and sauté the onions until brown but keep al dente.
- Over high heat, deglaze the pan with wine and lemon juice.
- Spoon onion mixture over cutlets and add the lemon zest on top.
- Serve with some crunchy country bread.